Content marketing is a very powerful method of SEO marketing. By building great content, you can create an endless supply of leads and new customers coming to your website every month.
We are living in a time when if someone wants an answer to a question, they ask Google. Whether its how something works, how good a business is, or how to do something. By harnessing the power of content marketing, you can create content that shows up when your potential customers are searching online.
But there is a lot to learn when it comes to being a pro content marketer.
That is why we compiled this stupid-long list of really awesome content marketing hacks that are great for beginners or even the pros.
50 Content Marketing Hacks
- Know who your target customer is and build content for them.
- Do content and keyword research to find high searched keywords with lower competition.
- Use visually engaging images in your content to retain readers.
- Build high-quality content that people want to read.
- Share your content on all social media channels.
- The length of your content has a direct correlation to its rankings in search engines.
- 50% of marketers say that video content has the highest ROI.
- Content without backlinks will not get ranked high in the search engines.
- Don’t worry about keywords as much as topics to rank for.
- Content value > production value.
- Marketers using video marketing grow revenue 49% faster than others.
- Research should be the first step of any content marketing campaign.
- Write like you are talking directly to your reader.
- Have keyword rich headings tags in your blog content (h1, h2, h3, h4).
- Think of the heading tag structure like a book. The title if the book is h1, chapters are h2 and subsections are h3.
- Create a keyword rich URL that contains your main keyword or topic.
- Write keyword rich meta descriptions and meta titles.
- Use LSI keywords in your content.
- Watch our FREE content marketing course to learn the basics of a perfect content marketing plan.
- Link out to other authority sites in your industry in your content.
- Link to other relevant content on your own website in your content.
- Use keyword rich alt tags on your images in your blog content.
- Add statistics to your article content to promote backlinks to reference your statistic.
- Repurpose your text content into video content.
- Create a powerpoint slide for your content and add to slide sharing websites.
- Repurpose your video content into audio content.
- Create audio clips of your audio content and upload to audio sharing websites.
- Add your video content to YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Vimeo and link back to your content.
- Build content focused on your target customer.
- Email other blog owners and ask for a backlink to your content.
- Write a guest post on another website and link back to your content.
- Use Google Analytics to track content engagement.
- Go Live on Facebook and Instagram promoting your content.
- Add relevant videos to your text content.
- Create easy navigation through your content if its long-form content.
- Promote your content on Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, and LinkedIn Ads for more shares and possible exposure.
- Make sure your content is mobile-friendly and easily navigated.
- Keep a 1-3% keyword density for your semantic keywords and LSI keywords.
- Use tracking tools like Ahrefs or Moz to track your content / keyword rankings and backlinks.
- Google Keyword Planner is a free resource for finding keyword volume and competition.
- Grow your social media channels so you can promote your content to a big list of followers.
- Build an engaging email list and share your content with them.
- Make better content than your competitors and you will eventually outrank them.
- Use Quora to answer questions around your content niche and link to your content at the end.
- Run paid ads to your content on Facebook to get more shares and possible backlinks.
- Share your content with big influencers in your field or business.
- Long tail keywords are 70% of searches so the more content you build, the more traffic you will get.
- Go back to old articles and build internal links to your newer content.
- Add your brand or business name in your meta titles for branded searches. (ie: Tyton Media Content Marketing Hacks)
- Insert a table of contents that links to sections for really long content. This will help internal linking and even help feature your content in Google snippets.
If you stick to these 50 simple content marketing hacks, then you will see some amazing traffic growth to your content and your website. These hacks aren’t created equal and some of them are more important than others, but if you implement each hack into your new and old content then you will see huge ranking increases.
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is the method of creating high-quality content and attracting backlinks, shares and eyeballs in order to convert readers into paying customers or leads.
The process of content marketing itself is different depending on who you ask, but at Tyton Media the content marketing process is split up into 4 important tasks:
- Research: The most important part of a content marketing campaign is research. Ideally, you want to find high searched / low competition keywords in a specific niche.
- Build: Next, you build incredible content related to your niche and researched keywords.
- Optimize: Optimizing your content so that it complies with all the latest search engine optimization best practices.
- Promote: Launch your content and build backlinks in order to rank your content high in Google for your chosen keywords.
Types of Content
There are a ton of different types of content that can be used with content marketing. Here is a list of some of the most widely used content types for content marketing:
- Blog Posts
- Audio Clips
- Powerpoint Presentations
FREE SEO Website Audit
Get more traffic online with this Free SEO Website Analysis.